Whats It All About?
Why is the Sparkling Apple wine named The First Law?
Rob’s degree is in Applied Physics and as a child he had to learn Newton’s laws by heart. Newton’s first law goes: An object at rest, stays at rest and an object in motion, stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction, unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This is the law most often associated with gravity, although all three of them are related to it, and gravity is why Newton’s apple fell on his head. Apples – Sparkling apple wine.
- The first law is a Sparkling Apple wine carbonated by secondary fermentation using the traditional champagne method
- It is made from a blend of cooking and eating apples
- All apples are sourced locally to Thorpe Thewles, picked, washed and pressed by hand, making this a truly artisan product
- We refuse to pasteurise the juice as fermentation and washing are more than sufficient controls
- No sulphites are added as preservatives – so the sulphite level is vanishingly small i.e. less than 10 µg per litre
The 2022 vintage uses no finings and so is truly vegan friendly.
The wine is very dry as all the sugars are fermented out in both primary and secondary fermentations.